- This event has passed.
Safety Training and Events
The BID has crime prevention and Counter Terrorism prevention training booked in until the end of the year. Sessions include ACT and SCaN training and On-street Security briefings. Here are the dates for your diary:
Counter Terrorism Training:
The BID is working with Counter Terrorism protect officers to carry out ACT and SCaN training.
- ACT Awareness is a presentation delivered by a counter terrorism expert from Counter Terrorism Policing.
- It is suitable for anyone, in any job role and you do not need to have any prior counter terrorism knowledge.
- The presentation aims to raise staff awareness of the threat from terrorism and actions they can take to protect themselves and their organisation from, or during an attack.
- It is divided into several modules including: The Current Threat, Identifying and Reporting Suspicious Activity, Identifying and Responding to Suspicious Items, and Responding to Firearms or Weapons Attacks.
To book yourself or team members on the training please email email@example.com
- ACT Training: Thursday 13th October –10am-12pm, The Passage, Carlisle Place,
- SCaN Training: Tuesday 18th October –10am-11am Rubens Hotel, Buckingham Palace Road
- ACT Training Wednesday 30th November – 10am-12pmSomerset House,
Join our On-Street Security Briefings
The BID team are holding a series of on street briefings and bike marking events for BID members.
The on-street briefings will be for anyone with an interest in security. This could range from shoplifting to personal safety, to ASB, to environmental factors, to counter terrorism.
Emily and Lauren will be on the street for an hour with our security teams and the police (should police workload permit). The briefings will give the BID an opportunity to talk about what is happening in the BID area and to also collect your feedback. The BID may then be able to structure their safe and secure programme around the feedback provided and feed into the safe and secure steering group.
|Thursday 20th October||11am||Agar Street||1pm||Halifax, Wilton Road|
|Thursday 17th November||11am||Agar Street||1pm||Old House of Fraser|
|Thursday 15th December||11am||Agar Street||1pm||Cathedral Piazza|
15 September 2022 @ 11:00 am - 15 December 2022 @ 12:00 pm
2 April 2023
London Landmarks Half Marathon
The London Landmarks Half Marathon is a closed road, central London run and is the only half marathon to go through both the City of London and City of Westminster. The event is organised by baby charity, Tommy’s to benefit themselves and many other good causes. The event is not your average half marathon! From cultural landmarks and heritage to the city’s quirky and hidden secrets, runner get to explore the capital on a route like no other! The event…
15 April 2023
Romanian Orthodox Easter Event at St Mary's le Strand
Join the Romanian community to light a candle during the midnight service which is to be held at St Mary Le Strand church. With over 1,000 people attending in previous years, the event will include a speaker in the church courtyard, for those who cannot be seated. For more information contact St Mary Le Strand church or Fr. Constantin Popescu
6 May 2023
King Charles III Coronation
People across the country and the Commonwealth are invited to celebrate the Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort over a weekend of special events on 6–8 May. The Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort takes place on Saturday 6 May at Westminster Abbey in London. Their Majesties will be crowned in the same location as Her Late Majesty The Queen 70 years ago.
18 May 2023
On-Street Security Briefings
On-street security briefings take place on the third Thursday of the month at 11am in The Northbank. These briefings are for those with an interest in the safety and security of the area, particularly those working in security. Last month’s briefing focused on the new pedestrianised space, Strand Aldwych, and addressed security concerns such as phone snatching and theft. To receive invites please register for security updates here.